Purpose & What You Can Expect
To guide the individual, family or professional to determine which resources, services and/or care home placement are appropriate to meet the needs, helping you to make the most effective and informed decision(s) regarding the plan for care.
In addition the Assessment will help:
- To determine the bio-psycho-social factors impacting the client’s life situation
- To determine the ability of the individual and/or his/her environment to cope with diminished capacities
- To identify need for new arrangements or options to address diminished capacities or situations no longer effective for the individual or family.
- Expose and highlight capacity and abilities to encourage clients and families(based on their historical standards of life quality and Activities of Daily Living)
- Identify areas of diminished capacity and areas of need
- Provide an objective overview of client abilities and needs for assistance
- Provide a prioritized list of resources information/services to meet each identified need
- Client, family, involved professionals all on same page-cohesive plan & support
- Care Management team has a comprehensive knowledge of client, which will promote an effective plan of care and overall facilitation of services
- Development of clear, timely, appropriate services or care plans with measurable objectives